Monday, January 29, 2007

my secret lesbian identity

I have to cosplay at my award ceremony (for those who are not into manga/anime, cosplay is... *sigh* too long to explain, please look it up on wiki) and because my character is male with an off the shoulder outfit, i went to buy a "chest restricter". i don't know if this thing exists in North America, but its basically a piece of elastic material designed to bind the female chest to look flatter. mmm...sounds 1920's.

i went to Lala Love Boat Lesbian Fashion. great customer service, very cozy little shop. i was invited to a lesbian social, signed on for their newsletter, and got 2 stamps on my frequent buyer card, and a coupon for a movie. i also learned that "T" means butch and "P" means femme. somehow i feel embarrassed about telling the owner that i am straight, so as we were chitchatting, i made up a "studied-abroad-newly-returned-to-taiwan-single-bohemian-student" lesbian identity.

1 comment:

happeningfish said...

Girl, they definitely exist in North America. Just don't ask me how I know!
:P